Don’t throw away over-ripe bananas, they are perfect for this simple recipe. The crunchy top and soft sweet center, tastes and smells amazing! Add walnuts or pecans for extra flavor and texture.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- butter – 1/3 cup
- sugar – 3/4 cup
- 1 egg – beaten
- vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- flour – 1.5 cups
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Stir in melted butter. Mix in baking soda and salt.
- Stir in sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in flour.
- Spray inside of loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.