My favorite decadent brunch! The freshness of the salmon, spinach and fruit helps balance the richness of the Hollandaise sauce.
- english muffins
- smoked salmon
- spinach – blanched
- 3 egg yolks
- water – 1 tablespoon
- lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- butter – 2 sticks
- salt & white pepper (to taste)
- Boil water in a pot, then lower to a simmer.
- Place a heat-proof bowl (glass or metal) on top of the pot. The water shouldn’t touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Whisk egg yolks until thick. Add water and lemon juice, whisk until smooth and thickened (about 2-3 minutes).
- Slowly add pieces of butter while whisking.
- Season with lemon juice, salt and white pepper.
- Place spinach in a pot over medium heat and cook just until wilted.
- Toast english muffins.
- Assemble spinach and salmon, top with Hollandaise sauce.
TIP: To keep the sauce warm, place the bowl in lukewarm water or in a thermos.